Welcome to the Connecticut State Music Teachers Association (CSMTA) website, dedicated to the advancement of music and the growth of young musicians. Today’s membership consists of more than 200 music teachers in independent studios, conservatories and music schools across the state, who strive to encourage and uphold high standards of music teaching and artistic performance, maintain channels of communication between private music teachers and the community, promote good will and friendship among professional musicians and teachers, stimulate interest in musical activities within the local community and the state, and support the aims and objectives of the Music Teachers National Association. We invite you to look through our website for more information on membership and upcoming events.
2020 State Conference
Watch for an email about the 2020 State Conference, which, due to Covid-19, will be virtual this year.
- Date: Saturday, September 26, 2020. 10:00-11:30 a.m.
- Where: From the comfort of your living room, via Zoom. The Zoom link will be in the Conference Email, so watch your inbox.
- Quorum: We need a quorum of 15 members, so please join us!
- What: Topics
- Vote on new Slate of Officers
- Group discussion about online teaching tips and experiences
- Ideas for health and safety in returning to in-person teaching
- Questions?: Email Suzan Korman
Photos from the 2019 State Conference. Thanks to the Fairfield Chapter for planning this wonderful event! Thanks to our presenters!