The Connecticut State Music Teachers Association, Inc., is a dedicated group of professional teachers and performers, including musicians who work in conservatories, independent studios and music schools. CSMTA is an affiliate of Music Teachers National Association (MTNA). When you join CSMTA, you will also be joining MTNA. Membership benefits include:
- Access to MTNA Publications: Courses of Study, Studio Policy Statement, Choosing a Music Teacher, Careers in Music
- Subscription to American Music Teacher, the official journal of MTNA
- Listing in the “Find A Teacher” search tool on the CSMTA website
- Inclusion in the CSMTA Membership Handbook & Directory
- A variety of non-competitive and competitive festivals at the chapter, state and national levels
- Teachers may apply for state and national certification
- Nationally Certified Teachers may apply for scholarships through MTNA
- Access to group insurance programs through MTNA
- Professional development opportunities at state, division and national conventions
- Membership and benefits of 5 local chapters within CSMTA
- Composition Commissioning
- Networking with 22,000 members of MTNA
- Access to professional message boards on MTNA website
Total annual dues payments include $70 ($52.50 for seniors over age 70; $16 for collegiate) and $20 for state dues. Local chapter dues vary from chapter to chapter. Because MTNA and CSMTA are professional teacher organizations, your dues may be deducted as a business expense. Please consult your tax professional for further information.
For more information on MTNA and its member programs, visit www.mtna.org.